Terms and Conditions
Purpose and Use
Use of this website is restricted to persons 18 years of age and older.
This website requires users to be fluent readers of English.
Copyright and Permissions
Copyright in all content on this site is owned by Berlitz Centro de Idiomas S/A. No materials on this site may be reproduced, stored, altered or further distributed.
Berlitz does not monitor all activity on this site but reserves the right to do so.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security measures on this site, including, without limitation:
(1) Using a false password or one belonging to another user or accessing data not intended for the user or logging into a server or account which such user is not authorized to access;
(2) Disclosing a password or permitting a third party to use a password or failing to notify Berlitz if a password is compromised;
(3) Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(4) Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing";
(5) Sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
(6) Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting; or
(7) Hijacking all or any part of the site content, deleting or changing any site content, or linking to the site without our specific written permission.
(b) General Rules
Users agree to use ‘Learn Portuguese from Brazil’ only for lawful purposes. Users may not use this site to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others, or violate the privacy or publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is libelous, obscene, offensive, threatening, defamatory, abusive or hateful.
Berlitz has absolute discretion to determine if any use violates these rules, and to act as it deems appropriate in the event of any violation. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. Berlitz will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, cooperate with, and make disclosures to, law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
(d) Termination of Usage
Berlitz may terminate or suspend a user's access to all or part of ‘Learn Portuguese from Brazil’, without notice, for any conduct that Berlitz, in its sole discretion believes is in violation of these Terms, any applicable law, or is harmful to the interests of another user.
Berlitz policy is not to accept or consider any unsolicited ideas or materials of any kind. Do NOT submit any such materials. If you violate this prohibition, we reserve the right to consider all materials submitted as non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights. Such material and all rights will be our property, free and clear of any claims by you or others, and we will be able to use them for any purpose, including advertising and promotion, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including you.
Internet and Links
It is strictly prohibited to link other sites with this site without Berlitz's prior written permission. We may permit some links for convenience, but Berlitz has no responsibility for any unaffiliated sites to which it is linked or for material posted to this site by anyone other than Berlitz. Please note that the site rules and privacy policies of linked sites may differ from those of Berlitz and should be reviewed by you when you use the link to access any other site.
It is strictly prohibited to use or contact this site to disrupt or damage the site, its contents or its security measures or to harass or disparage Berlitz or its products or services or personnel. No unsolicited email (spam) may be directed to or through this site.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice
Berlitz Languages, Inc. owns, protects and enforces copyright in its own creative materials and respects the intellectual property of others. This site contains links to third party sites, portals and directories. As a result, materials of third parties, not owned or controlled by Berlitz, are included in or linked to the site or are stored or transmitted by or over the Berlitz site. To the best of Berlitz's knowledge, these materials do not infringe the copyrights of others. Upon receipt of proper notice of claimed infringement (the next paragraph explains how to give proper notice), Berlitz will respond expeditiously to follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the materials in issue, including, where applicable, removing or disabling access to materials claimed to be infringing or by removing or disabling access to links to such material. It is the policy of Berlitz to terminate its relationships with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others where such parties are known to Berlitz to be repeat infringers in connection with their use of Berlitz sites, links, or storage and communication systems and networks. The designated agent (i.e. the proper party) to whom you should address such notice is:
How to Provide Notice of Infringement Claims
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Berlitz’s Agent for Notice listed below with the following information in a written notice:
(1.) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
(2.) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, with enough detail that we may find it on the site;
(3.) Your address, telephone number, and email address;
(4.) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, your agent, or the law;
(5.) A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and,
(6.) Your electronic or physical signature or the electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on your behalf.
Berlitz's designated Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment, prices and payment conditions
The offers from ‘Learn Portuguese from Brazil’ by Berlitz Centro de Idiomas S/A available on the internet are binding offers to the customer. The customer can accept these offers by placing an order. When an order is placed on the internet, a contract is created when the customer’s order is received by Berlitz. Berlitz stores the order and the order data that has been entered and the customer will then receive an order confirmation via email.
Berlitz services and products are charged at the prices that applied when the order was placed. The prices stated for instruction and instructional materials are subject to the condition that the customer can be placed in an appropriate course.
The prices stated on https://www.berlitz.com.br/learnportuguese are final prices and include tax insofar as this tax is chargeable for the service or product in question.
Payment is due when the service or product is ordered. Payment online can be made by credit card. Payment processing is handled by PayPal.
This site is offered AS IS and without warranties of any kind. Berlitz disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose as well as title or non-infringement. Berlitz is not responsible for timeliness, accuracy, unavailability or interruptions in availability, viruses or other defects in the site or its contents. In no event shall Berlitz be responsible for any damages to users or their computer systems or otherwise, even if Berlitz has been informed of the possibility of such damages and without regard to negligence.
This site is controlled by Berlitz Centro de Idiomas S/A. As such, the site, as well as these rules, are subject to the laws of Brazil, regardless of the location of the user, and any claims of any kind related thereto must be filed in state or federal court within Brazil.
By using this site, user accepts and is subject to these terms and conditions which govern all use and all results thereof.
Berlitz reserves the right to make changes to this site and to these terms and conditions at any time, effective on the date the changes are posted to the site.
ANY USE OF THE BERLITZ SITE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES CONSTITUTES TRESPASS AND/OR INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THE SITE SPONSOR AND MAY RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION AGAINST YOU.
What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a site may need to interact with you and personalize your experience. At berlitz.com.br/learnportuguese, we use two kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. Once you exit your browser, they go away. We use session cookies to maintain information we need to have in order for you to shop at berlitz.com.br. For example, the Session ID cookie that we ask your browser to hold retains the ID for your shopping bag. Without the Session ID cookie, you can't add merchandise to your bag and carry it to Checkout.
Persistent cookies, in contrast, last from visit to visit; they do not go away when you exit your browser. At berlitz.com.br, we may use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and to help you navigate our site more efficiently. Any information collected and maintained in this fashion will be used to enhance your site experience. However, you can use our site without accepting a persistent cookie. To do so, you should set your browser options to reject persistent cookies. Alternatively, you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie request, which gives you the opportunity to decide whether you want to accept it or not. In many instances, the Help button on your browser toolbar will tell you how you can take these steps.
Cookies can be used by a website to recognize you. But that does not necessarily mean any personal information is stored in the cookies. At berlitz.com.br/learnportuguese, we store no personal information about you in the cookies. Anything you choose to tell us about yourself (such as your address and e-mail address) is stored on our secured servers.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect various types of information depending upon how you use our site.
- When you order from us, we collect your name, address, email address, phone number
- When you order from us, we retain a record of your purchases.
- When you submit an inquiry, we need your name, email address and zip code to respond.
Examples of the information we may collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; email address; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; the connection to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number and products you viewed or searched for.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including the following:
- To process orders or to respond to inquiries.
- To enhance your online experience. For example, we may use it to recognize you and welcome you to the site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we send out e-mails to our customers about products or events that we think may be of interest to them. We also may send you offers for discounts or free services.
- We may send you an email offer. We do this only if you have indicated previously that you are willing to receive email offers. Each time we send an email offer, we provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving future email offers.
- Berlitz respects your privacy. We will not call you unless you have indicated telephone as your preferred contact method. In addition, your phone number will not be sold or given to any third party
Do We Share Your Information?
We may share the information with third parties, including responsible companies with which we have a relationship. For example:
- Berlitz.com.br may team with a marketing agency or another website, to conduct a sweepstakes or other event. In this case, each of the participating third parties may collect or receive personal information from you because you will be visiting their websites or using their links and, in doing so, you may provide information directly to them. Therefore, you should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
- Berlitz may also share your personal information with outside companies that perform services for Berlitz. For example, we may retain an outside company to manage a database containing certain customer information or to create and distribute an email offering. When we work with an outside party, berlitz.com.br will take appropriate steps designed to ensure your information will be used solely to provide the services requested by berlitz.com.br, and not for other purposes.
- Additionally, Berlitz may share your information when it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents or government agencies in connection with issues related to fraud, credit or debt collection, and other types of criminal investigation.
Is My Information Secure?
Berlitz.com.br is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
When you use a browser allowing for encryption and our online submission forms (not email), your personal information submitted to berlitz.com.br is protected. To protect the security of your information during transmission we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
Due to the changing nature of the Internet, Berlitz reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by:
Berlitz brings to you an innovative program to help you communicate with Brazilians! Use typical Brazilian expressions and understand local cultural aspects throughout the country.
The program is made of 16 units exploring real life situations plus 11 units about key cities in Brazil, including historical/cultural facts, touristic spots, regional gastronomy and weather conditions.
With live instructions with Brazilian tutors (using English as a support language), this is the right program to make the most of your time in Brazil!
You can choose from 3 to all units available according to your interests. See the complete table of sessions below and get started!BUY NOWMORE INFO